Belkasoft Evidence Center: Q1 2013 Roadmap
Belkasoft Evidence Center undergoes through constant maintenance. We are spending a lot of efforts evolving the product to a better tool. With this roadmap, we are sharing the insight on what’s going to be added to our flagship forensic suite in the course of Q1 2013. Like what you see? Make sure to order or extend your Support and Maintenance package today to receive all these updates free of charge!
Version 5.2: January 18, 2013
Belkasoft Evidence Center 2013 v.5.2 will bring a much improved performance and smoother operation to the majority of customers. Featuring a re-worked core engine, the new release will offer smoother multitasking and faster performance on PCs with several CPU cores (e.g. Intel multi-core CPUs such as i5 and i7). In addition, version 5.2 will eliminate or greatly reduce waiting times by introducing background operations as well as the ability to scan several disks at the same time.
In addition, in version 5.2 we’re adding support for the latest versions of two very popular instant messengers.
New in version 5.2:
- Updated core engine: concurrent multitasking in multi-CPU and multiple core environments;
- Multi-tasking support: reduced time waste with the ability to perform lengthy operations (e.g. disk scan) in background;
- Multi-tasking support: the ability to scan multiple disks at the same time;
- Support for two popular local instant messengers.
Version 5.3: February, 2013
Version 5.3 adds the ability to locate new types of evidence in unallocated space on the disk, allowing discovering many types of destroyed evidence such as faces, documents, illegal multimedia content etc.
Two additional major new features will be available in version 5.3 in the form of stand-alone tools.
Belkasoft Live RAM Capturer is a new portable tool to capture the content of computer’s volatile memory. Belkasoft Live RAM Capturer will be available to all paid customers via their Personal Cabinet.
Belkasoft Facebook Profile Saver will offer the ability to capture information from public Facebook profiles. This tool will be released as a stand-alone utility. At this time, we are not planning to charge fees for this tool.
New in version 5.3:
- Unallocated disk space carving: support for new types of evidence
- Portable tool: Belkasoft Live RAM Capturer
- Stand-alone tool: Belkasoft Facebook Profile Saver
Major release: end of quarter
In this major release, we are adding two important new features: the ability to pass cases to investigators in read-only mode without having to install (and pay for) a new instance of Belkasoft Evidence Center, and the ability to customize many aspects of the product such as its look and behavior. End User License Agreement (EULA) will be also updated to reflect the newly introduced ability to pass collected evidence along with a new reader free of charge.
Similar to Adobe (tm) Acrobat Reader, Belkasoft Evidence Reader will provide investigators with a free, light, read-only tool that can read and analyze evidence collected with Belkasoft Evidence Reader. Belkasoft Evidence Reader will be available free of charge to all paid customers of Belkasoft Evidence Center, downloadable from their Personal Cabinet. There are no extra licensing fees to be paid when using, distributing or passing evidence along with Belkasoft Evidence Reader.
- Belkasoft Evidence Reader to allow passing collected evidence in read-only free of charge
- Extensive user interface customization: the ability to widely customize the look and behavior of Belkasoft Evidence Center