Belkasoft X Help Contents
Forensically sound software
Belkasoft X sticks to all the guidelines and regulations that define forensically sound software.
- Belkasoft X never tries to write on a medium under investigation. Belkasoft X is fully compatible with write-blocking devices and image files
- Belkasoft X works under an investigator account on the investigator’s machine. Belkasoft X does not require client applications—especially those used by an individual under investigation—to be installed. For example, to retrieve an Outlook mailbox, Belkasoft X does not require you to have Outlook installed on your computer
- Belkasoft X remains completely operational on offline computers—with a few exceptions,
described in the next chapter (see 'When Belkasoft X uses the internet')
- Dongle-based licenses do not require an Internet connection for the activation
- Electronic (fixed) licenses can be activated offline through another machine connected to the Internet
Note: The rules (above) apply to dead-box analysis.