What's new in version 3.8 of Belkasoft Evidence Center
New major features
- Integration with Encase v.7. Now users of Encase can not only investigate Encase evidence files with Belkasoft tool, but also import all extracted data back to Encase.
- Windows Live Mail is now supported
- Performance improvements. Browsing for a huge lists became quicker (especially for picture and video files)
- MMORPG. Lineage chats extraction added (via Live RAM analysis)
- Picture analysis improvements. No more false positives on files which are not real images, but named like something.jpg
- Reporting improvements. Multi-page artifacts (e.g. lengthy emails) generated correctly now. Page number and total number of pages added to PDF report. A number of other smaller enhancements are made, such as including path to Encase/DD evidence file, if data was extracted from an image
- Carving improvements. A few offset/length-related issues fixed. Cutting last Skype message character fixed
- Usability improvements. Installation now warns about Microsoft SQL Server issues. Open Case screen also reports problems with connectivity to SQL Server (for version with Case Management). Columns for chats are sorted by date by default. Copying all items from an item list with Ctrl-A+Copy is fixed.
Enjoy using the product!