Belkasoft is happy to announce an upcoming release of Belkasoft X, the company's flagship digital forensics, incident response and eDiscovery product.
Major updates for v.1.13 are:
- Nested archives review and analysis. New capabilities to unpack archives found inside data sources being analyzed. Once the ZIP, TAR, 7z, RAR, etc. file has been identified, Belkasoft X will unpack its contents and automatically analyze them for the set of 1500+ artifacts supported in Belkasoft X.
Note: Nested archives (i.e. archives inside archives) are also supported and will also be analyzed.
- Tableau integration. Belkasoft X v.1.13 streamlines investigations for owners of Tableau TX1 devices. Now you can acquire images, add them to your Belkasoft X case and analyze acquired elements with just a few clicks—all without operating Tableau!
- Major iOS acquisition update: Support for checkm8-based acquisition of iOS 15* devices and iOS screen capturer (a new acquisition method, previously only available for Android devices).
- BTRFS support. BTRFS is a file system for Linux, which is gaining traction and of specific interest and importance for a DFIR investigator or eDiscovery specialist. One particular feature of Belkasoft's BTRFS support is snapshot analysis.
- Advanced filters. Further improvements in the advanced filter capabilities shown in our File System window were initially introduced in Belkasoft X v.1.12. Utilize any number of simple criteria, join them using AND or OR conjunctions, use NOT clauses and named filters, and combine these capabilities to build even more complex filters for improved eDiscovery productivity.
- UTC to local time recalculation in the Belkasoft X File System window. All UTC time columns show their local time equivalent calculated based on the case timezone and data source timezone settings. These times are recalculated upon timezone changes, whether for the entire case or for a single data source.
- Android APK downgrade method is extended for more applications: Badoo, Likee, Pinterest, QQ, SHAREit, Sinaweibo, Via Browser, Yandex Browser, and Zoom.
These are just some of the new functions available in Belkasoft X v.1.13. The full "what's new" list will be published on June 7, 2022, our planned release date.