* * *
—Have you heard the news?
—The CID has interrogated the father. Other than the ransom amount, there was nothing interesting.
I heard this as well.
—This Mr. Alex is a big shot… Do you know who I got a call from, asking for my intervention?
I didn't and I really didn't want to know either.
—The old man says the kid was fond of computers and even slept, curled up with his laptop.
Well, now this has become more interesting. For the first time during our conversation, I looked at the Chief with curiosity.
—You sure have a lot to talk about today, don’t you boy. Well, I will shut my mouth for now, the guy's laptop is waiting for you in the lab.
* * *
A new BelkaCTF 'Kidnapper Case' is coming!
Test yourself in a close-to-real-life example and solve a complicated DFIR case.
When: March 11-12, 2022 (11am UTC/12pm CET/6am ET)
In order to participate, you should do the following:
- Register for the CTF competition in advance. There will be two tracks: one for professionals and the other one for students so please select if you are still studying
- Follow Belkasoft LinkedIn group. There, we will announce when image can be downloaded and, upon the start of the competition, will reveal the image password
- Download recommended tools. This time there will be two tools we would recommend you. Stay tuned for the installation package, which will be announced in the LinkedIn group
- Pay attention to our advice
- Not absolutely necessary, but vote for Belkasoft at Forensic 4:cast Awards. This motivates the team to create more quality software and competitions for you!