What's New in Version 6.3
Version 6.3 of Belkasoft Evidence Center 2014 introduces greatly extended Android support, new media preview capabilities, search and performance enhancements. A number of minor enhancements and improvements are also included.
Upgrading to version 6.3 is free of charge to all customers with non-expired Extended Software Maintenance and Support contracts. Customers without the contract can purchase it from the Customer Portal.
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.3
- Support for a number of new Android apps. To name a few, version 6.3 adds support for Instagram, Kik, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Textie, ChatOn, TextMe, Telegram, Mail.ru, Odnoklassniki, Yandex.Mail, Xabber.
- New picture preview. The old table-view replaced with a new gallery view. Gallery view greatly improves usability of working with pictures multiple images can be previewed at the same time. You can preview discovered pictures, video keyframes, files embedded in documents, picture attachments, carved pictures and pictures from other sources.
- Indexing-based search with term highlighting. The search was completely refurbished, becoming nearly 25 times faster with the use of an indexing engine. Besides, the new Search Results windows shows the location in analyzed data where a search term was discovered.
- Iterative data analysis. Some types of data might store other types of data. For example, emails may contain attached documents, and documents may contain embedded pictures. Evidence Center v.6.3 continues analyzing such embedded data without your participation. For example, it extracts EXIF data from pictures embedded in documents. Besides, such data now goes to a dedicated "data type" node inside Case Explorer. For example, pictures from attachments and pictures embedded into documents are combined under the node called "Pictures" along with pictures from a drive or drive image.
- Reporting improvements. Reporting to PDF and HTML formats was completely rewritten to make it robust on huge data sets. No more "out of memory" errors even on gigabyte-sized reports! Better column chooser is implemented, a number of new handy options introduced; for example, the possibility to change the logo, fonts and colors. Besides, advanced options are now hidden into a special window, so creating a report just takes one button click.
- General performance and stability enhancements. The product was tested against huge data sets to improve its speed. A great number of improvements were made so today the product works perfectly with hard drives sized 3-4 Tb and filled with various data, such as 25 Gb Outlook pst files.
- Skype analysis improvements. Chatsync analysis extracts IP addresses of parties.
- SQLite analysis enhancements. SQLite databases support improved and extended. SQLite Viewer performance improved.
- Window Event Log carving. Windows Event Logs can now be analyzed even if they were deleted.
- X-Ways containers are supported
- New Task Manager window allows you to see Running, Scheduled and Completed tasks. For completed tasks you can filter them by status.
- Graphical timeline improved, now it clusterizes various types of data to decrease amount of bars. Synchronization between textual and graphical timeline improved. Textual timeline now contains "data source" column.
- Reports now can be created from any node of Case Explorer.
- Email attachments are now extracted to a report folder, when creating a report for mail box.
- Messengers: WhatsApp message direction fixed, new version of ooVoo supported, new ICQ 8 extraction fixed.
- File system support: a number of issues fixed with "no file systems found" error.
- EnCase integration scripts now included to the setup file.
- and about 250 other improvements and bug fixes.
At the bottom of our "what's new" we used to specify how many artifact types our product supports. After reaching the number of 500 (which is more than any single competitor) we stopped counting because it became really difficult to maintain an accurate number due to the quick support of new format types and applications. You can refer to this page and pages at the bottom of that page to see the many types of data analyzed by Belkasoft Evidence Center.
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.4
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.3
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.9
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.8
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.7
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.6
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.5
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 2.0