What's New in Version 6.3
Version 6.3 of Belkasoft Evidence Center 2014 introduces greatly
extended Android support, new media preview capabilities, search and performance
enhancements. A number of minor enhancements and improvements are also included.
Upgrading to version 6.3 is free of charge to all customers with non-expired
Extended Software Maintenance and Support contracts. Customers without the contract
can purchase it from the
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.3
- Support for a number of new Android apps. To name a few, version
6.3 adds support for Instagram, Kik, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, LinkedIn,
Textie, ChatOn, TextMe, Telegram, Mail.ru, Odnoklassniki, Yandex.Mail, Xabber.
- New picture preview. The old table-view replaced with a
new gallery view. Gallery view greatly improves usability of working with pictures
multiple images can be previewed at the same time. You can preview discovered
pictures, video keyframes, files embedded in documents, picture attachments,
carved pictures and pictures from other sources.
- Indexing-based search with term highlighting. The search
was completely refurbished, becoming nearly 25 times faster with the use of
an indexing engine. Besides, the new Search Results windows shows the location
in analyzed data where a search term was discovered.
- Iterative data analysis. Some types of data might store
other types of data. For example, emails may contain attached documents, and
documents may contain embedded pictures. Evidence Center v.6.3 continues analyzing
such embedded data without your participation. For example, it extracts EXIF
data from pictures embedded in documents. Besides, such data now goes to a dedicated
"data type" node inside Case Explorer. For example, pictures from attachments
and pictures embedded into documents are combined under the node called "Pictures"
along with pictures from a drive or drive image.
- Reporting improvements. Reporting to PDF and HTML formats
was completely rewritten to make it robust on huge data sets. No more "out of
memory" errors even on gigabyte-sized reports! Better column chooser is implemented,
a number of new handy options introduced; for example, the possibility to change
the logo, fonts and colors. Besides, advanced options are now hidden into a
special window, so creating a report just takes one button click.
- General performance and stability enhancements. The product
was tested against huge data sets to improve its speed. A great number of improvements
were made so today the product works perfectly with hard drives sized 3-4 Tb
and filled with various data, such as 25 Gb Outlook pst files.
- Skype analysis improvements. Chatsync analysis extracts
IP addresses of parties.
- SQLite analysis enhancements. SQLite databases support
improved and extended. SQLite Viewer performance improved.
- Window Event Log carving. Windows Event Logs can now be analyzed
even if they were deleted.
- X-Ways containers and Atola image files
- New Task Manager window allows you to see Running, Scheduled
and Completed tasks. For completed tasks you can filter them by status.
- Graphical timeline improved, now it clusterizes various
types of data to decrease amount of bars. Synchronization between textual and
graphical timeline improved. Textual timeline now contains "data source" column.
- Reports now can be created from any node of Case Explorer.
- Email attachments are now extracted to a report folder,
when creating a report for mail box.
- Messengers: WhatsApp message direction fixed, new version
of ooVoo supported, new ICQ 8 extraction fixed.
- File system support: a number of issues fixed with "no
file systems found" error.
- EnCase integration scripts now included to the setup file.
- and about 250 other improvements and bug fixes.
At the bottom of our "what's new" we used to specify how many artifact types
our product supports. After reaching the number of 500 (which is more than any
single competitor) we stopped counting because it became really difficult to
maintain an accurate number due to the quick support of new format types and
applications. You can refer to
and pages at the bottom of that page to see the many types of
data analyzed by Belkasoft Evidence Center.
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 6.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.4
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.3
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 5.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.1
Belkasoft Evidence Center 4.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.9
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.8
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.7
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.6
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.5
Belkasoft Evidence Center 3.0
Belkasoft Evidence Center 2.0