What's New in Version 8.2
Belkasoft Evidence Center v.8.2 is one more minor update on top of major 8.0 version and minor update v.8.1,
which contains a number of important improvements and bugfixes.
Would like to contribute to BEC development? Participate our survey!
Upgrading to version 8.2 is free of charge to all customers with non-expired
Extended Software Maintenance and Support contracts.
File System module can be purchased
separately. Customers without the contract can purchase it from the
Customer Portal. Affordable User Refresher Course
is available for those who would like to catch up all recent improvements.
Below you can find major changes in the new version.
Major New Functions of BEC v.8.2
- Malware detection: Ability to save process memory to a file added
- Flash cookies supported
- IMO application supported
Sign up for a webinar on BEC 2017!
LACE Integration and Discount
is our partner product, powerful forensic analyzer of pictures and
videos. LACE automatically categorize vast amounts of image and video data
found by Evidence Center (starting v.8.1) by matching to the local database of know files,
dramatically reducing the time and resources required to bring a case to
court. Just like Belkasoft Evidence Center Team Edition, LACE comes in a
client-server configuration that allows multiple investigators and analysts
to work simultaneously from their own desk on their own cases or on the same
case. Results can be directly reported by LACE or exported back to Evidence
Center for further analysis.
Are you current LACE customer?
Claim your BEC discount. All new
customers of BEC will also get discount towards purchase of a new LACE license.
- Improved caller/sender extraction of Android calls and SMSes
- Improved contact extraction for Android Hangouts
- Attachments from .MSG files properly extracted and shown in Document
- Windows 10 notifications: Supported tile, badge and raw push
- License information dialog improved
- Add Filter panel usability improved
- Inline search added in column chooser
- Added "Open in Google Earth" menu for Geolocation artifacts in
- "Open File" added in File System Explorer context menu
- Confirmation added for case deletion
Social Graph and Communities Detection Improvements
- Ability to drag a graph by left mouse
- Lost mails sent to mail groups fixed
- Missing Non-Unicode Cyrillic-named recipients fixed
BelkaImager Improvements (applies also to acquisition started from BEC)
- Better handling of Android acquisition, warning about unsupported
- Better instructions for ADB driver installation
Better handling of VHD virtual machines images
Error in SQLite reader during iPhone backup analysis fixed
Some errors during Outlook Express analysis fixed
Snapshots are not shown for Local Logical Drive fixed
Quicker context menus for all artifact lists
Hotkeys in Hex Viewer fixed
Narrow columns in Add Filter window made wider
Properties are now shown properly for all Notification
If a form is shown on a second monitor which got
disconnected, it is automatically returned to the main monitor
About 70 other issues fixed